Friday, September 02, 2011

Gretl on Scientific Linux

I don't even use Gretl, but sometimes it needs to be available to others. That's why I created Gretl SlackBuilds, and now I have tried to build it for SL.

I pulled the following required packages from the Fedora build at
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=gretl.git;a=blob_plain;f=gretl.spec;hb=fe69e968cb87ca23907ba147a8071420f702a960

BuildRequires: desktop-file-utils
BuildRequires:    gtk2-devel
BuildRequires:    glib2-devel
BuildRequires:    blas-devel
BuildRequires:    fftw-devel
BuildRequires:    gettext
BuildRequires:    libxml2-devel
BuildRequires:    gtksourceview-devel
BuildRequires:    libgnomeui-devel
BuildRequires:    lapack-devel
BuildRequires:    readline-devel
BuildRequires:    ncurses-devel
BuildRequires:    gmp-devel
BuildRequires:    mpfr-devel
BuildRequires:    gnuplot
BuildRequires: gnu-free-sans-fonts
BuildRequires: bitstream-vera-sans-mono-fonts
BuildRequires: bitstream-vera-sans-fonts





I made sure all of that stuff was installed. Then I did
./configure --with-lapack-prefix=/usr
make -j 4
make check
make install (as root)

Be sure you have everything in the list above. I thought I did, but missed libgnomeui-devel. It compiled and installed, but I ended up with only gretlcli. It won't necessarily fail if you're missing something.

There are packages available on the Gretl homepage, but not 64-bit, which is why I did the compilation. Now if only I could figure out how to get ACML to work with Gretl...

No comments: